Energyst was formed by Caterpillar and several of its European dealers to be the exclusive CAT dealer in Europe for rental power and temperature control solutions. But most of all: we are a group of people that bring their personal and professional energy to every project in every part of the world. It is not the energy of our rental solutions that makes the difference. It’s the energy of our people. Dedicated experts, who really want to know everything and assume nothing. Only then we can provide solutions that really work, today and tomorrow.
For our UK business we are currently recruiting for a Sales Engineer for our Birmingham depot.
A Sales Engineer position has become available for our Birmingham depot. We are looking for an individual to sell Energyst solutions to new customers. We are looking for someone who is technically strong within the Power Generation or Temperature Control field. You will be required to travel and on occasion to other depot locations across the UK in the performance of your duties with some nights away.
• Lead the sales activity for your region, acquire prospects, expand and retain regional customers, draft proposals and negotiate and close contracts.
• Work in partnerships with customers in order to gain understanding of requirements and deliver best total solutions.
• Identify relevant lapsed accounts and potential additional accounts and implement strategy to win new business.
• Effectively present and represent the face of Energyst.
• Liaise with other members of the sales team and other technical experts in order to deliver the total solution to your customers.
• Act as second line on cash collection working together with sales support and accounts department.
• Gain understanding of the customer’s specific needs and how our turnkey solutions best fits in the context of their business.
• Consulting with customers to understand and anticipate their needs.
• Influence clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery.
• Assess, on an ongoing basis, the quality of delivery of solutions to address short and long term customer needs
• Self generate sales leads within the industry through our current data management systems and active sales activity.
• Responsibility for CRM system for your region.
• Provide adequate and timely reports.
• Project manage your customer accounts.
• Committed to work according to company QHSSE guidelines and ensures support on continuous improvement at all applicable areas within the organisation
• Bachelor degree or its equivalent in sales, marketing or engineering.
• +2 years sales experience preferably in the industrial services business or rental business.
• Good technical knowledge in electrical or mechanical engineering.
• Experience in Power Generation, Gas Engines or Temperature Control.
• Proficiency in Mathematics and English.
• Excellent IT literacy.
• Has excellent, influencing and relationship building skills, with all level of individuals.
• Proven drive and ability to sell ideas/opportunities/concepts.
• Commercial Awareness, with good networking skills within the industry.
• Ability to travel occasionally throughout the UK with some overnight stays.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to Kirsty.email@example.com . For further information about this job please contact Kirsty Powis, HR via email.