For our UK and Ireland business we are currently recruiting a National Application Engineer/ Manager. This role will be part of the Application team UK & Ireland. The job title will be dependant upon level of experience and competency.
The Application Engineer/ Manager works with the UK and Ireland team providing in-house technical support to help tender and execute temporary power projects.
This role is also the Designated Engineer, Senior Authorised Person (SAP) and Authorising Officer for the UK and Ireland and is responsible for the management of the Electrical Safety Policy UK & Ireland. As Designated Engineer you will be assessed on your capabilities by an external company and a training plan will be put in place to ensure you have all the required skills and competencies to fulfil the role.
We are looking for someone who is technically strong within the Power Generation field, preferably electrical biased with a reasonable mechanical knowledge and looking to make the next step in their career.
The role will require both office and onsite work activity. You will also be required to travel throughout the UK, Ireland, and possibly Europe in the performance of your duties with regular nights away.
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the Electrical Safety Policy UK & Ireland and ensure compliance with this, supply technical support, solutions, system designs, onsite and offsite project management. In this role you will liaise with the sales team and customers to understand their real needs and help them understand how to apply our products to their problems. Also creating and sharing technical knowledge in order to sustain and improve the UK and Ireland’s performance is a key responsibility.
- Address any gaps between the Electrical Safety Policy UK & Ireland and the Energyst Electrical Safety Policy (EESP) and amend where necessary in line with UK & Ireland legislation. As Designated Engineer you are then responsible for keeping the Electrical Safety Policy UK & Ireland up to date with changing regulations and changes in the business. This can be done in liaison with external companies where required.
- Assess if the operations in the UK & Ireland are compliant with the amended Electrical Safety Policy and EESP. Visit depots and liaise with Depot Managers on working and rental activities with reference to electrical safety.
- Assess Energyst UK & Ireland employees and contractors for working activities on Electrical installations using an Assessing Officer (and external company with training and assessing facilities) and determine training requirements for all roles in line with the Electrical Safety Policy.
- Appoint and authorise Energyst UK & Ireland employees to roles outlined in the Electrical Safety Policy including Senior Authorised Person (SAP), Authorised Person (AP) and Competent Person (CP).
- Responsible for safe operation of electrical equipment, tools and rental equipment. Implement periodic e-checks according to ERS 3005, ERS3006 and ERS3007. Work with depots to report and solve any issues on equipment found during the e-check.
- Responsible for all working activities, rental operations and Energyst material with reference to electrical safety, including cross hired equipment. Set up a system to ensure rented equipment
fits the requirements and all equipment installed by Energyst is installed safely and according to regulations.
- Perform or delegate RAMS Risk Assessment Method Statements for Electrical related activities within Energyst.
- As Senior Authorised Person (SAP) for the UK & Ireland you will:
- Carry out Risk Assessments, Issue Risk Assessed Test Certificates to self for testing on HV/LV transformers in accordance with Approved procedure 4 and assume the role of Person-in-Charge.
- Carry out HV switching, isolation and earthing on Customers systems, issue and cancel GenSet Permits-to-Work for work on HV Apparatus to Competent Persons (HV) or to self and take charge of a Working Party (HV) in accordance with Approved procedure 7.
- Advise our Sales operation on technical feasibility of enquiries to help them produce a suitable quotation.
- Support quote preparation by supplying technical knowledge and designs using our fleet of equipment, and from external suppliers where required.
- Help our sale operation review and interpret tender documents and determine scope of supply, in coordination with mechanical / electrical engineers.
- Liaise and advise internally on how to execute the job/project with the sales team and rental co-ordinators.
- Prepare project plan for mobilisation, installation and commissioning of packages, and subsequent removal. This to include producing job specific Risk Assessments and Method Statements, etc.
- Create CAD single line diagrams and application designs.
- Support the Installation in assuring contractual demands are met as well technical designs respected. This will require you to be on site for the project and visit throughout to ensure the smooth running.
- Evaluate technical performance of the site.
- Accountability for quality of work, cost control, timing and level of effort.
- Electro-technical engineering qualification – Minimum of HNC / HND or equivalent in an Electrical Engineering qualification. Previous experience in the industry will also be considered for this role.
- Knowledge of the set up and commissioning of Diesel & Gas powered generator sets, Loadbanks, LV & HV Transformers, modular cable & power distribution panel systems.
- Full understanding of set-up and operation of both Low Voltage & High Voltage power systems.
- Full understanding of electrical control systems, and a knowledge of setting up generator synchronising and load sharing controllers (Woodward EGCP2, DEIF AGC).
- CAD skills
- Good level of IT literacy (MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in Mathematics and English
- Good communication skills. Flexible attitude. Ability to discuss issues and solutions with customers, colleagues and be an active team leader during the onsite mobilisation of projects.
- Ability to travel throughout the UK & Ireland (and Europe) if required, sometimes at short notice with regular nights away.
- Must have a good ‘Hands On’ and flexible approach to the work.
How to apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about this job please contact Kirsty Powis, HR & Administration Officer on the e-mail address above.